Message on Hold - Does it Make a Difference?
Message on hold – does it really make any difference?
As a business owner or manager, if I could hire a salesman or even a person who could suggest items that my customers may want to consider for about 2 dollars a day, I would have to be crazy not to...right? Well essentially that is what you get with a quality message-on-hold system from a reputable company. Not just any message to baby-sit callers, I mean interesting topical information that generates inquiries and web traffic as well. Message-on-hold places ideas in the minds of callers who are waiting for assistance. They make your business a real, living, breathing entity and help with customer loyalty and rapport.
This being said, it is equally important that the information is current and reflective of the changes in your business and your industry. Like any news, the more current the information is, the more attentive the listener. No one wants to, for example, hear about last year's World Series or interest rates from 2008. This information will actually send a message of a lack of attention to detail or complacency to your callers. “This week's specials include” or “we have many activities this month” are the types of introductions to messages that can really generate inquiries. In order to accomplish this, however, it is important to develop a relationship with a message-on-hold company that can accommodate your immediate needs.
What to look for in a message-on-hold company:
· Customer service- Do they have someone devoted to ensuring your messages are updated in a timely manner?
· Longevity – Are they a long-standing provider with a good reputation? Many smaller companies struggle with staffing and having enough clients to maintain consistency
· Turn Around – Does the company respond to your production needs
· Production quality- Are the on the production side doing broadcast quality productions on a regular basis or are they simply phone system people who extended into a phone related area?
· Rates and Offerings- Does the company offer flexibility in the packages they offer and is there on suited to your businesses needs?
President- Markethold Productions Inc.